Information Regarding the Organization of the Course Unit
due to the emergency created by the spreading of Covid-19 we are forced – according to the provisions issued by the Italian Government and by the University of Turin – to suspend frontal teaching and to switch to e-learning for as long as it will be necessary to contain the disease. In order to minimize the negative impact on didactic achievements, we have prepared a plan for the re-organization of the course unit. You may find in the following the most important information on how teaching and learning assessment will be shaped during the emergency.
Due to the suspension of frontal teaching for at least three weeks, the introduction to the course unit has been transferred to e-learning – which does not mean that, when frontal teaching will be resumed, some contents of the introductory lectures cannot be taken up and further discussed. Yet, at first, it is important that the activities can move on, so as to avoid too much of an inconvenience to you. I use, to this purpose, the Campusnet platform. Accordingly, you may find on the website of the course unit, under “Materiali didattici – AA non identificato”, the following files:
- a Syllabus of the course unit (“Dellavalle - Paradigms of National and International Order - Syllabus”);
- the slides of the Introduction to the course unit (“Dellavalle - Paradigms of National and International Order - Slides”);
- the contents of the Introduction to the course unit (“Dellavalle - Paradigms of National and International Order - Introduction”);
- 6 files with the slides of the Introduction and related audio (from “Dellavalle - Paradigms of National and International Order - Introduction - Part I - Slides + Audio” to “Dellavalle - Paradigms of National and International Order – Introduction – Part VI - Slides + Audio”). These files will be uploaded in the next days;
- the files with the reading materials listes in the Syllabus;
- a file with questions related to the reading materials, in order to support you your work on them ("Dellavalle - Paradigms of National and International Order - Questions").
Since the course unit was thought to be largely organized as a seminar, room for interaction will be timely provided in case that the emergency will continue after the first three weeks. Anyway, I will guarantee that you will not have any disadvantage from this unpleasant situation.
I can hardly express my disappointment that we cannot meet face to face – at least for now – but I believe that the above-mentioned measures can make possible to achieve the results which we all are striving for, even in this difficult time.
I wish you all the best – stay save and try to enjoy Turin nonetheless.