Information Regarding the Organization of the Course Unit
due to the emergency created by the spreading of Covid-19 we are forced – according to the provisions issued by the Italian Government and by the University of Turin – to suspend frontal teaching and to switch to e-learning for as long as it will be necessary to contain the disease. In order to minimize the negative impact on didactic achievements, we have prepared a plan for the re-organization of the course unit. You may find in the following the most important information on how teaching and learning assessment will be shaped during the emergency.
The course unit on “Principles of Constitutional Law” is divided in three Modules, of which I – Sergio Dellavalle – am in charge of the first one. The Module I of the course unit was thought to take place from the 27th of February to the 13th of March 2020. Due to the suspension of frontal teaching, this implies that the whole Module I has to be transferred to e-learning. I use, to this purpose, the Campusnet platform. Accordingly, you may find on the website of the course unit, under “Materiali didattici – AA non identificato”, the following files:
- a Syllabus of the Module I of the course unit (“Dellavalle - Principles of Constitutional Law - Module I”);
- the slides of the Module I of the course unit (“Dellavalle - Principles of Constitutional Law - Module I – Slides”);
- 9 files – corresponding to the contents of the originally planned classes according to the Syllabus – with the slides and related audio (from “Dellavalle - Principles of Constitutional Law - Module I - Part I - Slides + Audio” to “Dellavalle - Principles of Constitutional Law - Module I - Part IX - Slides + Audio”). The files from Part I to Part IV have already been uploaded; the remaining files will be uploaded in the next days;
- the contents of Module I of the course unit, on which the learning assessment will be based (“Dellavalle - Principles of Constitutional Law - Module I”).
On the 17th of April 2020 an extraordinary exam session is planned to assess the learning achievements as regards only the Module I. The grade obtained for Module I in the exam session of the 17th of April 2020 can be added to the grades obtained for Module II and for Module III; the average will make up the final grade of the course unit and can then be registered into the system, provided that you sign up for an “official” or ordinary exam starting with the 25th of May 2020. To be allowed to take the exam on the 17th of April 2020 it is necessary that you sign up for the exam on the website of the course unit (you may find the possibility to sign up for the exam at the bottom of the website under “Appelli”). In case that it will be impossible to take the exam at the university because of the persistence of the emergency, a take-home exam will be organized.
Information about the Modules II and III will be uploaded in due time, in any case before they will officially begin.
I can hardly express my disappointment that we cannot meet face to face – at least for now – but I believe that the above-mentioned measures can make possible to achieve the results which we all are striving for, even in this difficult time.
I wish you all the best – stay save and try to enjoy Turin nonetheless.
- Principles of Constitutional Law (GIU0748)