Legal Aspects of Globalization (A-L)
Legal Aspects of Globalization (A-L)
Anno accademico 2022/2023
- Codice attività didattica
- Davide Gianti (Titolare del corso)
- Corso di studio
- Laurea in Global Law and Transnational Studies - a Torino (D.M. 270/2004) [0707L31]
- 2° anno
- Primo semestre
- SSD attività didattica
- IUS/13 - diritto internazionale
- Tipologia esame
The course offers a comprehensive overview of the changing structure of the global order, and the impact of various dimensions of globalisation on politics and law within, between, and beyond countries. It provides a fresh critical analysis of various dimensions of law and globalisation, drawing on historical, normative, theoretical, and linguistic methodologies. Its comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach spans the fields of global legal pluralism, comparative legal studies and iternational politics.
Risultati dell'apprendimento attesi
At the end of the course, the expected learning outcomes will be the following:
1) Knowledge and understanding: the student will have acquired the necessary analytical tools and basic concepts (power, sovereignty, etc.) to discuss the most relevant issues of the current international legal and political-economic system. The student will also have acquired critical knowledge about the role and relevance of state and non-state actors(international organizations, civil society, the private sector) in the globalized world.
2) Ability to apply knowledge and understanding: the student will be able to gradually apply the knowledge in relation to the international legal, political and economic context through the practical activities foreseen during the on-campus lectures, such as participation in the working groups and classroom debates; the student will also be able to develop analysis and synthesis skills related to international legal and political issues.
3) Autonomy of judgment: the student will be able to critically discuss the most important international legal and political phenomena; their relevance in relation to the foreign policy decision-making processes of individual states. The student will also have developed the necessary critical awareness to differentiate the most appropriate sources in the international legal and political debate.
4) Communication skills: the student will have gained the ability to communicate the notions learned thanks to the transversal skills (critical analysis skills, synthesis skills) acquired during the course.
5) Learning skills: the student will be able to conduct his/her own activity by putting into practice the techniques acquired during the lectures and during regular on campus activities carried out individually, in the classroom and at home.
The issue of world order in a globalized world
The Ius Publicum Europaeum
The European balance-of-power system and its end
Islamism and the Middle East
The multiplicity of Asia
The possibility of and Asian order
The United Stated and its concepts of order
Law, technology and human consciousness
World order in our time
Modalità di insegnamento
Please remember to enroll in the course clicking on the icon "Registrati al Corso" (Enroll me) and to access the Moodle page ("Vai a Moodle"): here, you will find week after week all didactic material concerning the class of Legal Aspects of Globalization (a.a. 2022-2023).
Modalità di verifica dell'apprendimento
Written exam on Moodle platform in the form of three open-ended questions on the lectures, the notes and the materials uploaded on the Moodle page of the course.
Testi consigliati e bibliografia
- Advanced Introduction to Law and Globalisation
- Anno pubblicazione:
- Edward Elgar Pub
- Jaakko Husa
Lectures, notes and materials (articles and book chapters) uploaded on the Moodle page of the course for every lesson.
- Apertura registrazione
- 01/09/2022 alle ore 08:00
- Chiusura registrazione
- 01/09/2023 alle ore 08:00